|Haile Selassie I
|Sponsored by the Collective Black People Movement (CBPM)
|A people without
knowledge of their
history or culture is
like a tree without
roots. Black Man,
Hon. Marcus Mosiah
|"We have before us, not only
an opportunity but a historic
duty. It is in our hands to join
our strength, taking
sustenance from our
diversity, knowing our rich
and varied culture...acting
together for the protection of
Hon. Osagef Kwame
|Learn more about the
King of Kings, the Lord
of Lords Conquering
Lion of Judah, Elect of
God, Light of the
World, His Imperial
Majesty, Emperor Haile
Selassie I, Christ has a
new name in his 2nd
|1. Haile Selassie I is the only man to be able to bring back self-
respect in the eyes of the Africans during the war against the
attempt by Italy to colonize Ethiopia in 1936.
a. Prior to this the Zulus and British fought many wars. The
demolished the British in the battle of Isandlwana in the late
b. The history of African Struggle kind of died out until Haile
I revitalized the African Struggle in the 1930’s against Italy.
2. Haile Selassie I did not participate in the factionalism of African
fighting against each after colonialization, therefore he was the only
who could bring them together.
3. According to Professor Ernest Dube, an African Historian and of
African National Congress in South Africa, without Haile Selassie I we
would not of had the Organization of African Unity (OAU) in May 1963.
a. The Organization of African Unity (OAU) is based on the ideology
Pan-Africanism a wish of African People to come together and fight
colonialism , racism, and prejudice against African People.
|Why Haile Selassie I is important to know?
|4. The OAU was formed on May 25th, 1963, and all of Africa knows Haile Selassie I as the father of the
a. There has never been a coming together of all of Africa before the forming of the OAU.
b. Today the OAU is known as the African Union (AU).
5. Haile Selassie I is important because when there was division amongst independent African
States/Country in late 50’s early 60’s into 2 groupings, Monrovia and Cassablanca groups, Haile
Selassie I brought these two groups together and showed them that there differences was superficial.
6. Haile Selassie I was a great mediator. He showed the Monrovia and Cassablanca groups that they had
to compromise and bring Africa together as one fighting as a single unit against the common enemy to
7. Haile Selassie I was loved by his people and walked around his people without any guards or security.
8. Haile Selassie I build the University of Addis Ababa and increased the number of schools inside of
9. Haile Selassie I fought and ultimately succeeded in keeping his people, Ethiopia, free from Colonialism.
10. Haile Selassie I represented African manhood and this is very significant to African People.
11. Haile Selassie I’s popularity was all over the continent of Africa.
12. The Black Churches breaking away from the white churches in South Africa was called the Ethiopian
Movement even though many South Africans never been to Ethiopia, it was symbolic to them.
13. Haile Selassie I restored African Pride Amongst African People.
14. Haile Selasse I is a symbol of African Unity.
|More to come
|Haile Selassie I and
|The Lion of Judah
|November 2nd, 1930: Ras Tafari was Crowned H. I. M.
Emperor Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords,
Conquering Lion of Judah, Elect of God, Light of the World
in Ethiopia. Empress Menen Crowned Queen of Queens.
|Petitioning The African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU): Build Statute of His Majesty Emperor
Haile Selassie Center Front of AU Building
|"Democracy, Republic: What do these words signify? What
have they changed in the world? Have men become better,
more loyal, kinder? Are the people happier? All goes on as
before, as always. Illusions, illusions" - Words of Emperor Haile
|12noon - 9pm